Welcome to 'Security and Risk Blog' for Small and Medium-sized Businesses - otherwise known as SaRB for SMB's or SaRB for Small Businesses.
As the name suggests, this is a Blog about security and risk for small businesses where we aim to provide information on Digital Safety Skills for SMB's and raise their skill levels. We want to demystify risks and security for people with little or no security backgrounds.
Security and Risk topics we cover
Managing Security Risks
Identifying threats and risks to businesses
- Identifying assets specific to small and medium-sized businesses
- Tools, services and controls small and medium-sized businesses can use:
- for protecting their assets
- to detect whether their business is in the process of, or has already been breached
- to respond to a likely breach or compromise
- to recover from breaches or compromises
- Email security issues for businesses
- Ransomware risks to businesses
- Network security for small businesses
- Risks and strategic and tactical approaches to security from a 10 to 50 to 250 employee company and beyond.
Security and Risk Questions we cover
- How to get started in managing security risks?
- What are the quick wins for protection?
- Which assets are attackers after?
- Which assets details should we keep records of?
- How can we get through our Cyber Essentials Certification without having to pay an external consultant?
- What is the best way to share data with our customers and partners?
- What should we be doing about data protection to comply in our country?
- What are the best back-up tools for a small business?
- How do we choose a managed security service provider?
- How to choose authentication tools for your business?
- At what point do we need to employ security staff?
- How to use best security practices for a competitive edge?
- How to decide which options provide better benefits?
Free security and risk resources we are providing
- Complete Cyber Essentials Asset Register spreadsheet with:
- Computer details
- Server details
- Mobile devices
- Network devices
- Printers and scanners
- Other devices
- Special bonus includes other Intellectual assets tab not for Cyber Essentials Certification
- Template policies
- Action lists.
Unregistered Users: are able to access the blog pages at no cost, but are not able to download any resources or view or contribute to any of the questions and answers.
Registered Users: similar to Unregistered Users, at no cost they are able to access everything Unregistered Users can, but are also able to access downloads for a very restricted period. Additionally they are able to view and engage with Virtually Informed in their questions and answers.
Subscribing users: are able to access everything Registered Users are and have further access to archived and additional resources we provide.
Registration and Subscription options will be available soon and for a limited period of time we will automatically upgrade all Registered Users to have the same access as Subscribing Users for up to 12 months from the date of registration.
We will be opening up Registration and Subscription services soon.
This Blog is aims to help small and medium-sized businesses to raise the bar and reduce attacks to their businesses by taking effective actions to protect them. We want to help make being secure an easier option to take than the insecurity resulting from not taking any action. We endeavour to make as much security and risk information as freely accessible as possible for all SMB's. If you have any pressing issues that you would like us to cover for other businesses which may be experiencing similar challenges to you, please get in touch with us through our contact us page, or if you are a Registered or Subscribing User please use the messaging tool provided.